10 Dec Health Insurance & Medicare Sales Agent
The perfect candidate would be licensed and experienced in selling health insurance.
For background, existing insurance sales are done through third-party distributors, and this would be our first efforts for us to sell directly to individual and senior health insurance consumers. While our goal is to generate sales, we’re also trying to learn the best ways to serve the needs of our users.
This isn’t a pure sales position. It’s more of a startup sales role, inside of an fast-growing, profitable 50-person company. We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, is a good problem-solver and project manager, thrives in an unstructured startup environment, and is able to bring that structure. You will have a voice in the future direction of the company’s sales strategy. You will also be called upon to improve the sales potential of our online user experience by working our product and design team to optimize the online conversion funnel and email marketing sequences. You’ll also have input on the products we build for consumers.
Job Type: Part-time / Full-time
Salary: $45,000 – $60,000 Depends on experience
- Commission pay
- insurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- P&C License required
- Minimum 3 years customer service experience
- IRDA License (Preferred)
Who are we looking for?
We’re also looking for someone who can grow with us. As we prove success metrics, you will help us to scale the sales organization.
The right person:
-Must have a top-level sales track record for a high-performing sales team
– Must have been part of a previous sales organization that used technology to automate and customize sales processes
– Must be very comfortable with technology, and software in general
– Must be able and willing to learn from others, including experienced sales agents that will advise on sales tactics
– Must be able to indirectly learn from the sales tactics of others – Must be a creative problem-solver and critical thinker
– Must be or become passionate about insurance (believe it or not, we find this stuff really interesting)
– Must have high integrity. Nothing matters more than getting consumers into the right coverage products. Plus, insurance sales are regulated, for good reason.
– Must be based in our NYC office (or have an ability to work out of the office more than 2x per week). It’s critical for the type of cross-team interaction we’re seeking.
The position entails providing superior customer service to our commercial clients including; processing policy changes, issuing certificates, cross-selling additional lines of business to current clients, quoting incoming new business accounts, and other general commercial insurance office duties.
One expected output will be developing our own high-performing, ROI-positive, fully-compliant sales process that can be replicated.
Why work for us?
We offer a Monday – Friday schedule with an excellent paid-time-off package, Commission, Bonus Plan, a 401k retirement plan, and fun group activities that make this position more than just a job.
We have a fun and results oriented culture. As one of the top performing agencies in the country, we are results focused and driven while still maintaining a fun and family culture in the office. As a team, our group activities allow our office to bond and push each other to be the best professionally.